Scope of Practice Overview
CCMC developed the Scope of Practice for Case Managers as a representation of professional opinions regarding what constitutes appropriate delivery of effective case management services. Some clarifying points follow:
- Case management is an advanced practice of an already established professional identity. As such, each case manager's professional scope of practice applies. The scope of practice for case management includes:
- Each case manager's professional scope of practice.
- Their employer's governance of policies and procedures.
- Case managers are expected to operate within their individual scope of practice.
- It is considered unethical for case managers to operate outside individual scope of practice limits.
In addition to the Scope of Practice for Case Managers, you should familiarize yourself with the principles found on the Certification Principles page.